Saturday, July 23, 2011

A few possible Jems



http://share.gps.motionxlive.com/shr/x/kmz/d113054babbbfbe0ef86cd31a44166b6
If you follow the link you can see the trek taken. There is a small handful of really decent looking boulders.
I also made the trek up to the king wall to scout for "boulders everywhere"....Not... although there is a bunch of boulders I spent the day free soloing up and down the king wall in the hopes of spotting some boulders with worthy lines. There is an amazing 60 foot boulder that is just a stunning piece of rock, a neat cave like feature created by a nice size chunk that fell from the wall. There is also a (yes one) really awesome boulder face at the base of the wall.






If you have not seen it the kingwall is really awesome looking. It is a huge shame that this wall is not seeing more routes put up. It should be filled with amazing bolted lines but instead is sits mostly vacant.




This set of boulders is ease to get to and looks well worth the time.






sorry about the formatting

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what are you using to view the link?

PmKhAtEr

SouthernADK said...

Kippy...you didn't hike that entire blue route on google earth, did you? Damn man, you'll be as fit as ever if you keep doing recon missions like that! I remember bouldering on that rock at the base of the King Wall with Murph, Pmk, and strazza a few years ago. I agree, the King Wall is sick. Where are the boulders you worked on at round pond???

adkboulderer said...

I did the whole blue tape route! Free solo with my puppy.

What do you mean gonna be fit? This tire around my waist is just training weigh.

I view the link in google earth or google maps. Maybe it doesn't work.

The boulders are half way between the parking for king wall and round pond parking. They are on the right side of the stream. They look pretty good but another set of eyes will be a good thing. I spent mire time looking for more than I did linking holds n looking for problems.