Saturday, November 8, 2008

Johnson Pond Area

This area is off of exit 29. Last weekend I ended up taking a quick look around Johnson Pond area. 
Although there is some good rock in the area the best stuff i saw was on private land. I did only have a quick look and my intrest is surley peaked with the potential that may be here. I would be intrested in where and what others have found in the area. 
This boulder looked 2 star but sits between two no tresspassing signs. 

It's pretty good sized and the closest face overhangings nicley. 


This boulder was the first i saw of any value. the roof area good be pretty fun and the face pretty good two. 



So I will be taking another drive up here and looking around abit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, I just put a link up to your site in my online bouldering guides section. Looks like some fun stuff.

JHaas said...

Doc and I made a visit, today, to a Johnson Pond zone that seems different than the one you were at. Drive 0.4 miles up Johnson Pond Rd, from its intersection with NY 9. Park on the left (north) side of the road and before a 30 MPH sign that is on the right. Cross the creek and walk 200' to the first boulder. There are 3-8 boulders, on state land, that have established problems. Good, clean rock.